If every time you travel to end up with a million images of animals, flowers, butterflies, insects, and any surprising species, you would find real joy discovering the natural wonders our country has to offer.
Share with the world the following reasons, which prove why in eco-tourism Colombia is the answer:
1. Colombia is the country with the highest biodiversity in amphibious in the world, despite being much smaller than Brazil.
2. Compared to African regions—which are larger than Colombia—we are home to 20% of the world’s flora; 90.000 species inhabit our territory.
3. Have you ever imagined a blue lizard? Get to see it in Gorgona Island. This lizard, as other 177 reptiles, is part of the unique species that are endemic to our territory.
4. We are the country that accounts for the highest biodiversity in Birds. Every year there are new species being discovered such as the bearded hummingbird identified lately
5. There were some years without discoveries in this field but recently a new carnivorous animal was found: the Olinguito
6. In Colombia we are also home to most species of bats. It was discovered that we have a variety of bats that eats fruits.
7. In January, 5 new butterflies were identified. Colombia is second in biodiversity of butterflies worldwide.
8. La Corota Island, in the South of our country, is a Flora and Fauna Sanctuary. Although it is small it holds 80% of the plants that grow on top of another.
9. In the National Park Corales del Rosario, there’s a small world of corals, fish, birds, among others. Unique species inhabit one of the most unbelievable environments in Colombia.
10. We account for more than 50.000 species of orchids and we provide the largest habitat in the world, suitable for this kind of plant.
Get further information on our flora and fauna and experience our independence in one of our national park. Let’s celebrate that Colombia is the answer.