Shakira is one of the most beloved Colombians and a great ambassador across borders. Her hip movements and her unforgettable voice have left a trace on every corner of the world. However, there are some things only a few people know about her.
8 facts you maybe didn’t know about Shakira.
1. Shakira hates to wake up early as every other person in the world. Actually, if it is up to her, she schedules every recording around 11 in the morning.
2. The singer has gone through lots of situations that have served as inspiration for her songs. Actually, her album and song Donde están los ladrones? (Where are the thieves?) were called after losing the lyrics for her next album in a robbery.
3. In one of those harsh moments, her father took her to see one of the poorest neighborhoods in the city. Years after she became one of the most important Colombian philanthropists.
4. Besides being famous as a singer, Shakira is also well known as the founder of the Barefoot Foundation (Fundación Pies Descalzos) and as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF since 2003.
5. Her full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, the last two being her surnames.
6. Shakira affirms that the song Waka-Waka changed her life completely. It has a special meaning for her because thanks to it she met her partner and father of her son, the well-known football player Gerard Piqué.
7. The singer has a strong sense of smell. She actually affirms that she can recognize people better by their smell rather than by their face or their name.
8. One of Shakira’s hobbies is working with clay. Many of the objects she has done are exhibited in her house as part of the decoration.
Shakira is an example of the great talent that our country is capable of exporting, and is definitively part of the reasons why The Answer is Colombia.
If you liked these curiosities, don’t hesitate to share this article!
You may also enjoy: